AGNI KARMA, also known as ‘dahan karma’, is a process used in Ayurveda for various benign diseases that are characterised by pain or bleeding. In this process, the heated rods of gold, silver, iron, copper and pancha dhatu (five metals) are applied directly on the skin at the affected site. The temperature varies according to the process used and is lowest for gold and highest for silver.
The ‘agni karma’ is not recommended for arbuda (tumour/malignancy).
- Enhances blood circulation to the affected part
- Stimulates the nerves and tissues
- Improves tissue metabolism
- Reduces the chances of developing an infection
- Temporary stimulation of local inflammatory response
- Promotes muscle relaxation and reduces joint stiffness
- Useful in treatment of Tennis elbow ,Golfer's elbow, Arthritis, Degenerative joint disorder, Calcaneal spur, Achilles tendon ETC